Why is my status “Not Met?”
A “Not Met” status indicates you have not yet met ALL the CPE requirements for your state. You may have completed a sufficient number of total hours but still need to meet 1 or more of the specific topic or format requirements. To check the topic or format requirements:
- Log in to your NABP e-Profile and select the CPE Monitor tile.
- On the CPE Monitor page, select the license you want to view.
- For format requirements, check the compliance information in the top right corner of the page. The number of completed “live” hours is shown, along with the number of “live” hours required for the cycle.
- For provider requirements, check the compliance information in the upper right of the page. The number of ACPE/IPCE hours is shown, along with the number of ACPE/IPCE hours required for the cycle.
- For topic requirements, each requirement is shown in the middle of the detail section, along with a numeric indicator of the required hours. For those requirements not fully met yet, the progress bar will not be completely filled in, and the number will indicate how many hours have been completed compared to the number required. For example, a display of 1/2 indicates that 1 hour has been completed, but 2 hours are required for the indicated topic.
- The list of activities and the topic assignments is shown at the bottom of the page, along with the detail for the courses.
- If you need to change a topic, refer to this FAQ.
If an error has occurred, contact CPEMonitor@nabp.pharmacy.