NABP uses 115+ years of industry knowledge and expertise to put patient safety first.
Our inspection programs help ensure compliance, safety, and quality patient care in pharmacies and businesses engaged in prescription drug and prescription medical device distribution operations. Our innovative approach fosters operational efficiencies, saving you time and money.
Customize your compliance package to meet your needs by bundling our inspection and accreditation programs. Say goodbye to redundant information submissions with our comprehensive solutions.
Benefits of our inspection programs include:
- Key Recognition: Our inspection report may satisfy inspection requirements for state agencies or private entities. Gain the advantage of one inspection satisfying multiple purposes.
- Accreditation Prerequisite Requirements: Successfully completing an inspection facilitates completion of prerequisite requirements if your business is seeking accreditation through the NABP Compounding Pharmacy, Drug Distributor, or OTC Medical Device Distributor programs.
- Compliance Review: Our inspections assess adherence to required standards and can help you identify and proactively address any deficiencies.
- Risk Mitigation: Businesses can use our inspection programs to support their risk reduction strategies, implement corrective measures and safeguards, and enhance patient safety.
- Industry Expertise: Our inspectors possess extensive knowledge of pharmacy and prescription drug and device distribution practices, providing key observations of business operations.
Explore our portfolio of inspection programs to find a program that is right for you.
An inspection program for pharmacies and businesses that may or may not yet hold a resident state license and are not yet operational.
Verified Pharmacy Program (VPP)
An inspection program and information sharing network that assists the boards and licensed pharmacies in resident and nonresident licensure processes.
Supply Chain Inspection
An inspection program and information sharing network for businesses engaged in prescription drug and prescription medical device distribution.