Data Exchange and APIs
Data exchange and integration helps ensure that data from e-Profile Connect is up-to-date and complete, serves as a valuable resource to boards, and keeps licensee information free from errors and easily accessible through our Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Our team is ready to work with your IT staff or vendor to help integrate this technology, making it easier for you to submit, retrieve, and access important data.
Member boards can gain even more advantages from e-Profile Connect when they begin data sharing with NABP. More frequent, more efficient sharing of information can:
- reduce the need to manually input and verify education, examination, continuing pharmacy education (CPE), and licensure data;
- help keep state licensee data clean and more likely to be free of typographical errors;
- decrease examination eligibility and licensure transfer application processing time for the boards because our database will be less likely to have incorrect or incomplete data;
- assure accurate discipline reporting and monitoring; and
- reduce board staff time and resources to focus on other pressing work.
How APIs Can Help
The implementation of NABP data exchange and APIs can significantly reduce the time needed for boards to process licenses, increase valid information in both databases, and most importantly, decrease data inconsistencies and errors. We work with licensing software providers/vendors and board of pharmacy IT staff to help integrate APIs for data exchanges. Review our available API downloads, setup guidelines, and frequently asked questions.
APIs are available to:
- ensure disciplinary data from the board populates error-free through NABP Clearinghouse;
- enable the automatic transfer of examination and continuing pharmacy education data between the boards of pharmacy and NABP; and
- allow for verification of NABP e-Profile data.
The example below shows how the Examinations Scores API allows boards access to an individual’s NAPLEX or MPJE score.
Ready to get started?
Complete the form to learn more about integrating our APIs to enhance your data sharing capabilities. Note your area(s) of interest in the message box.