Preoperational Inspection Program
NABP’s Preoperational Inspection program is for pharmacies or businesses engaged in prescription drug, prescription device, and certain over-the-counter medical device distribution that may or may not yet hold a resident state license and are not yet operational.
If your facility is seeking licensure and is not yet operational, the Preoperational Inspection program allows state boards of pharmacy and other applicable regulators access to your verified details, inspection report, inspection responses, and other important data using a secure information sharing network. The program equips the state boards of pharmacy and other regulators with quality and timely data that can assist in decreasing the time it takes to make licensing decisions.
A Preoperational Inspection is ideal for facilities that:
- Just finished construction of the facility;
- Are not yet operational; and
- May need a resident state inspection to obtain state licensure.
Preoperational Inspection Program Benefits
A Preoperational Inspection serves as a first inspection needed to obtain resident state licensure. Preoperational inspections provide state boards of pharmacy and additional regulators with your verified data and inspection report to assist with licensing decisions.
How do I get started?
The first step in the process is to apply for an inspection after you have agreed to the terms and conditions. Once your application, required documentation, and specified fees have been received:
- NABP conducts an unannounced on-site inspection of your facility.
- All business e-Profile information is accessible to the state boards of pharmacy and other applicable regulators.
- The board staff receives alerts when new documents are available on the business e-Profile for facilities that are seeking licensure.
Get started on your path to an inspection by following the steps below:
- Confirm your eligibility.
- Create and complete a business e-Profile account:
- Review the information needed when creating your business e-Profile
- Read the basic instructions on creating a new business e-Profile
- Send an email to email@example.com to request a copy of the application.
- Submit the application.
- Pay the application fee.
Review the Policy Information prior to starting the Preoperational Inspection application.
Interested in pricing?
Log in to your business e-Profile account and visit the Instructions and FAQs section to access pricing. Don’t have an account? Create your free business e-Profile account today.
Looking to satisfy non-resident licensure requirements?
Complete the form to request more information.