Demonstrate the success of your pharmacy’s outcomes-based patient care programs and services with our Community Pharmacy Accreditation. NABP’s Community Pharmacy Accreditation is a three-year accreditation that is best suited for community pharmacies providing an advanced level of patient care services, quality, and safety, that are looking to demonstrate compliance to a comprehensive set of practice standards and exhibit consistency in delivering optimal patient care programs and services.
Whether NABP Accreditation is new for your business, or you are already NABP accredited and are looking to expand your portfolio, our processes simplify your journey toward Community Pharmacy Accreditation.
Apply for Community Pharmacy Accreditation as a stand-alone program or maximize your investment by creating a comprehensive compliance package for one streamlined, cost-effective accreditation process.
How do I get started?
The first step in the process is to confirm the program meets your pharmacy’s needs and that your pharmacy is able to demonstrate compliance with the eligibility requirements, standards, and on-site survey. Once you deem you are ready for accreditation, you will need to apply. Once your application, supplemental documentation, and specified fees have been received, we will:
Review your policies and procedures
Verify pharmacy and pharmacist licensure
Conduct an unannounced on-site survey of your pharmacy
Looking for additional help to get started?
Consider preparing for the accreditation process by attending a complimentary training from NABP Solutions on pharmacy or drug supply chain compliance. NABP Solutions is a subsidiary company of NABP that was created to provide consulting services to pharmacies and the drug supply chain that focus on regulatory compliance.
Interested in learning more?
Practices that demonstrate compliance and high-quality patient care can earn this voluntary accreditation and better position their business to patients. Complete the accreditation form to request more information.
To apply for an NABP accreditation, businesses must meet basic eligibility requirements. To avoid unnecessary delays, review the Community Pharmacy Accreditation eligibility requirements below to determine if you are qualified to apply.
- Must be a licensed pharmacy operating in the United States, with current and active licenses in good standing, in all jurisdictions in which it is conducting business (unless licensure is not required by law) and serving predominately human patients
- Business location must not be a personal residence, and must be operational in all its activities for at least 30 days and in compliance with all state regulations, laws, and rules applicable to the business
- Business must have a licensed pharmacist (ie, responsible person/pharmacist-in-charge) in full and actual charge of the pharmacy operations and personnel
NABP advises applicants to not complete the application if their business location had an application cancelled by NABP in the past 180 days for non-compliance with Standards.
The Community Pharmacy Accreditation Standards Overview provides a brief introduction to the set of standards a pharmacy must meet to achieve accreditation. Download the Community Pharmacy Accreditation Standards Overview document.
Get started on your path to accreditation by following the steps below:
- Confirm your eligibility
- Review the Standards Summary to confirm that the program meets your business’s needs
- Create and complete a business e-Profile account:
- Gather appropriate supporting documents
- Submit the application for one or multiple accreditations
Apply for Community Pharmacy Accreditation
Contact email@example.com with any application questions.
Interested in pricing?
Log in to your business e-Profile account and visit the FAQs and Resources section to access pricing. Don’t have an account? Create your free business e-Profile account today.