Apply for Community Pharmacy Accreditation
How to Get Started
Confirm that the program meets your pharmacy’s needs and that your pharmacy is able to demonstrate compliance with the eligibility requirements, standards, and on-site survey. After you complete the preliminary steps and determine you are ready for accreditation, you will need to apply. After your application, supplemental documentation, and specified fees have been received, we will:
Review your policies and procedures
Verify pharmacy and pharmacist licensure
Conduct an unannounced on-site survey of your pharmacy
Community Pharmacy Accreditation
Are you an existing customer? Learn more about how to apply for reaccreditation.
Apply for Accreditation
Get started on your path to accreditation by following the steps below:
- Confirm your eligibility.
- Review the Standards Overview to confirm that the program meets your business’s needs.
- Create and complete a business e-Profile account:
- Use this guide to request access to additional Business e-Profile Accounts after creating your initial e-Profile.
- Once your request has been submitted, it may take up to 3 business days for processing. You can track the status of your request in e-Profile.
- Gather appropriate supporting documents.
- Submit the application for one or multiple accreditations with your business e-Profile account.
- Read the Application Basics for instructions on submitting your application.
Interested in pricing?
Log in to your business e-Profile account and visit the Instructions and FAQs section to access pricing. Don’t have an account? Create your free business e-Profile account today.
Maintain Community Pharmacy Accreditation
To maintain your Community Pharmacy Accreditation status, keep these tips in mind:
- Community Pharmacy Accreditation is issued for a 3-year term.
- NABP requires an annual compliance review during years 2 and 3 of the accreditation process.
- Prior to your accreditation cycle anniversary date, we will contact you to begin the annual compliance review and will provide guidelines to help you with the process.
- The annual compliance review includes an online renewal application submission, providing supporting documents confirming compliance to the standards, and payment for the participation fees.
- Prior to the end of the 3-year accreditation, you will need to start the reaccreditation process, noted below.
Community pharmacies should begin the reaccreditation process before their current accreditation expires. We encourage pharmacies to seek reaccreditation for a new, 3-year period during the third year of your pharmacy’s Community accreditation.
Prior to your accreditation anniversary date (expiration date of your current 3-year accreditation), we will contact you to begin the reaccreditation process and will provide guidelines to help you with the process.
The reaccreditation process is similar to the initial Community Pharmacy Accreditation steps:
- Confirm your eligibility.
- Review the Standards Overview.
- Gather the appropriate supporting documents.
- Submit the reaccreditation application for one or multiple accreditations with your business e-Profile account.