CPE Monitor Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to pay for CPE Monitor?
- I’m ready to register for CPE Monitor, but my name has changed since the last time I registered for a service with NABP. Does this matter?
- How does the transmission process work for live CPE activities versus home study CPE activities?
- I do not see any activities or information in my CPE Monitor account. Why?
- How long will it take for my CPE activity to appear in my e-Profile?
- My license/certification information is incorrect. How can I correct it?
- What do I do if I provided the wrong e-Profile ID or date of birth when I submitted a claim for CPE credit?
- What are the consequences to me if I do not create an e-Profile for CPE Monitor?
- I am an accredited ACPE continuing education provider and I have questions regarding the submission process for my activities. Whom should I contact?
For FAQs on the NABP e-Profile system, click here.
1. Do I have to pay for CPE Monitor?
No, CPE Monitor is a free service, however, a paid version that has enhanced features is available for purchase if desired. CPE Monitor Plus provides advanced monitoring for an annual subscription fee of $29.95. The price for the plan is the same no matter how many licenses you may have or will add at a later date. For more information, see the CPE Monitor Plans section.
2. I’m ready to register for CPE Monitor, but my name has changed since the last time I registered for a service with NABP. Does this matter?
Yes. If you have not notified NABP of your name change since the last time you registered for an examination or transferred your license, this may block certain functions, including registering for CPE Monitor. You will need to notify NABP of your name change for this to be reflected in your e-Profile. To ensure that all of the business you have transacted with NABP is contained in one record, NABP requests that you submit documentation regarding your name change, including a name change form and supporting documentation. NABP will then update your records so that the next time you register for a service under the new name your prior records will be associated with the new record.
For more information on how to change your name, see e-Profile FAQ No. 12.
3. How does the transmission process work for live CPE activities versus home study CPE activities?
For Live CPE Activities:
The provider must transmit your claim to ACPE within 60 days from the date that you complete the CPE activity. Therefore, it is important for you to complete and submit the necessary requirements for credit as soon as possible to ensure that the provider has enough time to transmit the data. Most providers prefer that you submit your activity claim on site upon completion of the CPE activity.
For Home Study CPE Activities:
The provider must transmit your claim to ACPE within 60 days from the date that you complete the CPE activity. The date of completion must be between the initial release date and the expiration date of the home study CPE activity. If you complete the home study activity on the date of expiration, the provider will have 60 days from the expiration date to transmit your information. It is important to submit your CPE activity as soon as possible to ensure that the provider has enough time to transmit the data.
4. I do not see any activities or information in my CPE Monitor account. Why?
There are four main possibilities for why your CPE is not appearing:
- Your continuing pharmacy education (CPE) provider may not have transmitted your CPE credit to CPE Monitor yet. The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) allows CPE providers up to 60 days to report and upload CPE activity. (FAQ 5)
- Your e-Profile ID and/or date of birth (MMDD) were entered incorrectly when submitting CPE credit on the provider’s website. If the e-Profile ID and date of birth submitted to the provider do not match what is in your NABP e-Profile, the provider will be unable to finalize transmission of the CPE credit. (FAQ 7)
- The CPE session you attended was not operated by an ACPE-accredited CPE provider. At this time, only those providers accredited by ACPE are able to report CPE credit to CPE Monitor.
- Your e-Profile ID has not yet synched in the provider’s system. After registering with NABP, it may take up to 24 hours for a provider’s system to recognize the newly created NABP e-Profile. If you receive an error message that your e-Profile ID does not exist or does not match the existing records, then please wait at least one business day to resubmit your NABP e-Profile ID to the CPE provider.
If you are having difficulty obtaining CPE credit, please contact the provider that offered the CPE course. NABP cannot assist with issues related to claiming CPE unless the CPE credit was obtained through NABP-sponsored meetings.
Please retain proper documentation of any CPE credits that do not appear in the CPE Monitor Activity section of your NABP e-Profile for as long as your board of pharmacy deems necessary. Depending on your board’s policies and license/registration renewal requirements, your board may also ask you to submit proof of credits earned before the end of 2013 when all ACPE-accredited CPE providers had their systems fully updated.
5. How long will it take for my CPE activity to appear in my e-Profile?
Many CPE providers upload CPE credit to the CPE Monitor system within 24 hours; however, ACPE allows CPE providers up to 60 days to report and upload CPE activity. Please note that some providers have deadlines that are less than 60 days (eg, 30 days) because of the fact that they require more time to process a CPE activity claim and transmit it to ACPE. Check with the individual providers for their submission deadlines. Upon receiving CPE information from the provider, ACPE transmits the data to NABP and your data is stored in CPE Monitor. If the transmission from your provider to ACPE is not successful, your credits will not be displayed in your NABP e-Profile. In addition, if you do not submit your credit to the CPE provider by their submission deadline, the provider will be unable to submit your claim to ACPE for transmission to your e-Profile. Always submit CPE claims as soon as possible upon completion of a CPE activity.
Please note, NABP cannot add or remove CPE credits from your e-Profile. Corrections must be made through the CPE provider. If it has been more than 60 days since you submitted the request for CPE credit to the provider and you still do not see your CPE activity displayed, please contact your CPE provider directly.
6. My license/certification information is incorrect. How can I correct it?
NABP verifies license information with the board of pharmacy when you use programs such as Electronic Licensure Transfer Program and the CPE Monitor Plus subscription service. Once your license is verified by NABP, there are certain fields that you will not be able to change without assistance. These fields include:
- Certifying Authority
- Credential Type
- Credential Number
- Original Issue Date
To update this license or certification information in your e-Profile you must email the information that needs updating to NABP at UpdateMyLicense@nabp.pharmacy. Please allow 14 business days for NABP to process your request. Provide the following information in your email:
- e-Profile ID
- Information to be updated, such as:
- Certifying Authority (state/credentialing authority)
- Credential Type
- Credential Number (license number)
- Original Issue Date
You may always edit the expiration date and status on your own. See e-Profile FAQ #17 for instructions on how to update this information.
Please wait at least 14 full business days for the updates to appear in your e-Profile. If after that time you do not see the updates, contact Customer Service for further assistance.
7. What do I do if I provided the wrong e-Profile ID or date of birth when I submitted a claim for CPE credit?
A common error that people make is incorrectly entering their e-Profile ID and date of birth when submitting a request for CPE credit to providers. When submitting for CPE credit, please ensure that the information you are submitting to the provider matches the information you have in your NABP e-Profile. If after submitting a request for CPE credit to a provider you find that the information is incorrect, please contact the provider and give them the correct information. If you realize that your NABP e-Profile has an incorrect date of birth, please submit the required documentation as outlined in e-Profile FAQ 13.
Please note that error messages displayed during the CPE submission process on your providers’ websites are not generated or affiliated with any of NABP’s processes or services. ACPE sends this error message to your provider in regard to their uploading processes.
8. What are the consequences to me if I do not create an e-Profile for CPE Monitor?
As ACPE-accredited CPE providers are expected to eventually phase out paper CPE statements of credit for completion of ACPE-accredited courses, the CPE Monitor service, as part of the NABP e-Profile, is expected to be the single repository of this information and will be maintained on licensees’ behalf and reported to state boards who request verification of CPE. Through the CPE Monitor service, candidates who create an NABP e-Profile will be able to monitor the accuracy and completeness of their CPE information reported by ACPE-accredited providers, and can proactively contact the provider if their information is not properly reported. Individuals who create an e-Profile and register for CPE Monitor will also be able to access and print or download a record of ACPE-accredited CPE activities for their own records, or in cases where their licensing agency requires it.
If you do not create an e-Profile and register for CPE Monitor, this information will not be collected on your behalf to report to your licensing board(s) as part of any CPE audit. This may have consequences for you in your efforts to maintain your licensure in states where CPE compliance is required. We strongly encourage all licensees to create and maintain their e-Profiles and fully register for CPE Monitor to ensure that there are no difficulties when maintaining their pharmacist license or technician license/registration/certification.
9. I am an accredited ACPE Continuing Education Provider and I have questions regarding the submission process for my activities. Whom should I contact?
For questions regarding CPE provider participation and procedures, please contact ACPE at 312/664-3575, Monday-Friday between 9 AM and 4:30 PM Central time.