NABP Refund Policy
Refunds will always be processed to the original form of payment unless that payment method is no longer available. If the original form of payment is not available, a check refund will be processed.
- Foreign Pharmacy
- Educational Programs
- Annual Meeting
The application fee for all NABP examinations is nonrefundable.
Canceling Exam Application
(NAPLEX and MPJE only)
|You will not receive a refund for the $100 eligibility application fee.
In some states there is also an $85 nonrefundable NABP eligibility processing fee. See the NAPLEX/MPJE Candidate Application Bulletin for current listing.
If you are within the eligibility period, you will receive a refund for the examination purchase fee.
Changing Exam Application Jurisdiction
(NAPLEX and MPJE only)
|You cannot change the jurisdiction of your application. You must cancel your application and submit a new one along with the nonrefundable $100 eligibility application fee. You do not receive a refund for the original eligibility application fee.
Taking the Exam
|All NABP Exams
|Late arrival: If arriving more than 30 minutes late to the testing center after your scheduled appointment time to take the exam you may be denied admission and your appointment will be forfeited, and you will not be able to receive a refund for your examination purchase fee or any other fees.
Inclement weather: If your testing center remains open during inclement weather and you do not keep your scheduled appointment time, your examination purchase fee will not be refunded, you forfeit all other fees, and resitting fees may apply.
Missing the Exam
|All NABP Exams
|Nonemergency: Purchase a resit exam and pay the full examination purchase fee.
Emergency: May be eligible to purchase a resit at a reduced fee. You must fill out an Emergency Resit Request Form.
Canceling the Exam Appointment
|You must first cancel your appointment with Pearson VUE at least 2 business days prior to your scheduled exam, then cancel through your NABP e-Profile®. You may receive a refund for the examination purchase fee if your eligibility period has not expired. You will not receive a refund for the $100 eligibility application fee.
|The $100 administrative fee is nonrefundable. The exam purchase fee may be refunded if exam is canceled with both Pearson VUE and NABP at least 5 business days before the exam appointment.
Rescheduling the Exam
(Not applicable to FPGEE)
|A nonrefundable $50 fee is paid directly to Pearson VUE. You must reschedule your appointment with Pearson VUE at least 2 business days prior to your scheduled exam.
Exam Rescore Request
|All NABP Exams
|If you purchase a rescore request, you cannot cancel the request once purchased. There are no refunds for rescore requests.
|When you purchase your exam: If you purchase a score transfer during your exam purchase and you cancel your exam application, all score transfers purchased before taking the exam will be refunded.
Up to 89 days after taking the exam: If you purchase a score transfer after taking the exam, all score transfer fees are nonrefundable.
Score transfer cancellation: If you purchased a score transfer at any time and want to cancel that score transfer after receiving your exam results, all score transfer fees are nonrefundable.
|There are no refunds for practice exams.
For more details on examination fees, policies, and procedures, view the program’s Application Bulletin on the NABP website.
- North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination® (NAPLEX®) Candidate Application Bulletin
- Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination® (MPJE®) Candidate Application Bulletin
- Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination® (FPGEE®) Candidate Application Bulletin
- Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination for Technicians™ (PJET™) Candidate Application Bulletin
Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee™ (FPGEC®)
Withdrawing the ECE Application
You must contact ECE directly to withdraw and request a refund.
Withdrawing the FPGEC Application
You will not receive a refund for the application fee, which includes the $100 administrative fee and the document evaluation fee.
Closed or Expired FPGEC Applications
Closed: All fees paid may be surrendered to the FPGEC, and the application will close if:
- you do not meet criteria for eligibility for the FPGEC Certification Program, or
- after repeated attempts for documentation, you remain unable to comply with the requirement to qualify for the FPGEC Certification Program.
Expired: All fees paid may be surrendered to the FPGEC, and the application will expire if:
- you fail to complete requirements within 2 years of submitting your application,
- you fail to pass the FPGEE within 2 years of being accepted into the FPGEC Certification Program, or
- you fail to pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test within 5 years of passing the FPGEE (applies only to applications submitted before January 1, 2020).
Electronic Licensure Transfer Program® Applications
No refunds at any time.
NABP does not provide refunds, credits, or prorated billing for licensure transfer applications that have been submitted to NABP. The following list is not exhaustive and includes examples when a refund will not be issued:
- You request your licensure transfer application be canceled after it has been submitted to NABP.
- You request to cancel one or more states on a licensure transfer application after it has been submitted.
- NABP finds that you do not meet the minimum requirements for licensure transfer and your application is canceled.
- The state board of pharmacy receives your licensure transfer application and rejects your application because you do not meet their requirements for licensure transfer.
For more details on processes and procedures, visit the Licensure Transfer section of the NABP website.
See the subscriptions section below.
For more details on eligibility and program requirements, visit the NABP Verify section of the website.
Full Refund if:
- the application is submitted in error and error is caught prior to any work being started;
- the applicant submitted an application for the incorrect accreditation program and will submit a new application under the correct program; or
- the applicant is deemed ineligible for an accreditation program by NABP prior to any work being started.
Partial Refund if:
- documentation evaluation or a service has been started but not completed.
No Refund if:
- a service has been provided, such as a survey being completed or accreditation being awarded.
.Pharmacy Domain Registration Fee
Refund requests regarding the purchase of a .Pharmacy domain name should be sent directly to the registrant’s contracted registrar. NABP does not control the refund policies or practices of domain name registrars.
For more information on accreditation policies, visit the webpages linked below.
- Accreditation Terms and Conditions (includes Community Pharmacy, Compounding Pharmacy, Digital Pharmacy, DMEPOS Pharmacy, Home Infusion Therapy Pharmacy, Specialty Pharmacy, Drug Distributor, and OTC Medical Device Distributor)
- Healthcare Merchant Accreditation Fee Policy
- .Pharmacy Domain Name Registration Fee Policy
Program Fees for All Inspection Programs
Program fees include an application fee, an inspection fee, an eligibility fee, and a Texas sampling deposit fee (if applicable) and may be refundable as indicated below. The administrative fees are always nonrefundable.
Texas Sampling Deposit Fee
Fee that applies to Texas Class E-S License pharmacies only:
- $3,000 deposit collected at time of application for the purpose of testing a compounded preparation through a Texas State Board of Pharmacy-approved laboratory.
- the refund is dependent on the final cost of testing performed as required by Texas contract.
- total refund equals deposit minus the sampling cost that is indicated on the laboratory invoice and the shipping and handling fee.
Full Refund of Program Fees if:
- the application is submitted in error, and the error is caught prior to any work being started;
- the applicant is deemed by NABP staff ineligible to participate in the program;
- the applicant submitted an application under the wrong fee category and will submit a new application with the correct fee category; or
- the state asks NABP to postpone a scheduled inspection.
Partial Refund of Program Fees Paid (full refund less administrative fee as defined below)
- after Application Review has been started but prior to NABP deeming the application complete – Program fees minus $1,000 refunded.
- after an application has been deemed complete and applicant has been placed in the inspection queue but prior to the booking of travel – Program fees minus $1,200 refunded; or
- after inspection has been scheduled, but prior to an inspection being performed or inspector initiating travel – Program fees minus $1,400 and any additional cost as a result of canceling travel (flights, hotel, car rental, etc) refunded.
- inspection canceled – eligibility fee would be refunded.
- applicant is not eligible for additional module(s) based on business activities the additional module would be refunded.
- applicant is not eligible for NABP Compounding Pharmacy Accreditation eligibility based on business activities the eligibility fee would be refunded (eg Nuclear or primarily veterinary pharmacy)
- violations of T&C or other reasons NABP may close an application.
No Refund of Program Fees if:
- the inspection process has begun, or the inspector has initiated travel;
- the inspector has attempted to conduct the inspection but is unable to complete it for whatever reason (eg, the inspector was denied access to the facility);
- after inspection has been conducted/completed; or
- an application was put on hold and the facility is not prepared to reinitiate the application within the 6-month time frame.
- once an application review has been started for an applicant who has paid for the expedited fees there will be no refund issued.
For more information on the terms and policies for NABP inspection programs, visit the links below.
- Supply Chain Inspection Terms and Policies
- Verified Pharmacy Program® (VPP®) Inspection Policy Information
- Preoperational Inspection Program Refund Information
CPE Monitor® Plus, NABPLAW®, and NABP Verify
Subscription services currently include CPE Monitor® Plus, NABPLAW®, and NABP Verify. NABP does not issue refunds for any subscriptions.
For more information on the terms and policies for NABP subscriptions, visit the link below.
Educational Programs: Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)
Live CPE Webinars and Home Study CPE Webinars
NABP does not issue refunds for any educational program or CPE activity.
For more information on the terms and policies for educational programs, visit the link below.
NABP Annual Meeting
Cancellations for the Annual Meeting must be received no later than April 25, 2024. Refunds will not be provided after this date.
Last Revised January 10, 2024