Pre-NAPLEX Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the computer requirements for taking the Pre-NAPLEX?
- What web browser should I use to take the pre-exam?
- How is the Pre-NAPLEX scored?
- Do candidates get to review the questions?
- Can my school cover the cost of the Pre-NAPLEX for students?
- How do I have my credit card information removed from my e-Profile?
1. What are the computer requirements for taking the Pre-NAPLEX?
To take the Pre-NAPLEX, you will need to use a computer with one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 8/8.1
- Mac OS 10.7 (Snow Leopard) through 10.10 (Yosemite)
2. What web browser should I use to take the pre-exam?
The Pre-NAPLEX is only compatible with the following web browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox 54.0 and higher
- Google Chrome 59.0 and higher
- Internet Explorer 11, with text size set to medium or smaller
1. Why isn’t the Pre-NAPLEX launching on my web browser?
If the test is not launching, you might be using a web browser that isn’t supported. Please close the Pre-NAPLEX and reopen it using a supported web browser. The exam does not work on these browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
Also, because wifi internet routers may fail, NABP recommends taking the Pre-NAPLEX using a direct, high-speed internet connection.
2. What if I experience technical difficulties?
If you experience problems registering for or accessing the Pre-NAPLEX, please contact NABP Customer Service. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your e-Profile ID number
- The date and time when the technical issue occurred
- The web browser you used
- The type of internet connection you used
1. How is the Pre-NAPLEX scored?
The Pre-NAPLEX is scored in a similar fashion as the NAPLEX. Students who complete the exam will be given an estimated scaled score based on their answers to the Pre-NAPLEX questions. Candidates will have the ability to print their score report for their personal records. Pre-NAPLEX scores will not be released to anyone other than the candidate.
2. What should candidates do to prepare for the Pre-NAPLEX?
Do candidates get to review the questions?
Preparing for the Pre-NAPLEX should at the very least include reviewing the NAPLEX competency statements and the associated skills and knowledge base of an entry-level pharmacist. The NAPLEX competency statements can be found in the NAPLEX/MPJE Registration Bulletin.
3. Can my school cover the cost of the Pre-NAPLEX for students?
Schools and colleges of pharmacy may purchase vouchers to cover the cost of the Pre-NAPLEX for their students. Each voucher costs $55 and is good for one examination. Schools that order 100 or more vouchers earn a 10% discount. To order vouchers, schools should fill out the Pre-NAPLEX Voucher Order Form along with a purchase order (if desired). Schools will be invoiced for the purchase and the contact person indicated on the order form will be emailed a spreadsheet that contains the voucher codes, along with additional usage instructions. Voucher codes can be used for two years from the date of purchase.
4. How do I have my credit card information removed from my e-Profile?
If you would like credit card information removed from your e-Profile, please contact NABP customer service via email after you have completed your transaction. Include the information listed below in your email and your credit card will be inactivated. Please note that inactivating the credit card on file does not delete or inactivate your e-Profile account information from the NABP database. You will receive notification within 72 hours that your credit card has been inactivated.
- Applicant’s name and NABP e-Profile ID
- Name that appears on the credit card
- Type of the card to be removed
- Last 4 digits of credit card to be removed
- Expiration date on the card to be removed
Please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.