Employment Opportunities at NABP
NABP is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that aims to ensure the public’s health and safety through working with its member state boards of pharmacy. The Association is an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Psychometrician is responsible for the psychometric and developmental aspects and activities of NABP examination programs, ensuring program validity, integrity, and legal responsibility through adherence to applicable industry testing standards.
- Provides leadership in the development implementation, and monitoring of strategic plans, goals, and objectives for each examination program.
- Provides leadership, training and supervision to support staff.
- Ensures effective communication within the department and throughout the organization.
- Interviews and evaluates applicants for employment within the program as assigned.
- Provides psychometric leadership in the creation and development of new examination programs and initiatives.
- Creates, implements, and monitors policies and procedures related to examination development, administration, scoring, reporting, documentation, and quality control.
- Provides expertise and guidance for job task or practice analyses and test plan revisions.
- Monitors and evaluates operational item calibrations and performance.
- Monitors new item analysis, calibration, and promotion.
- Conducts periodic analyses of item parameter drift and refreshes operational item parameters as needed. Ensures that items comply with approved specifications and Association/testing industry standards.
- Provides expertise and guidance in the establishment of cut scores and participates in and monitors standard setting processes and events.
Reporting & Standards
- Provides expertise and guidance regarding the creation, maintenance, and documentation of performance statistics, statistical summary reports, and technical reports.
- Develops and reviews reports relevant to examination program operations, including NABP, vendor, and consultant reports.
- Keeps current with test and measurement standards, practices, issues, and trends through the review of literature, attendance at meetings, and communications with appropriate testing organizations; communicates with the program managers and the Competency Assessment Director regularly regarding these activities.
- Provides expertise and guidance regarding the scoring of the examinations, including the preparation of scoring keys, and conducts and documents statistical analyses such as item analysis, key validation, and test equating.
- Oversees all psychometric aspects of exam security including routine data forensics and the investigation of reported incidents.
- Provides expertise and guidance regarding score discrepancies and irregularities as required.
- Fosters and maintains good working relationships and actively cooperates with state boards of pharmacy and colleges of pharmacy regarding exam programs.
- Maintains good working relationships with exam program committees; actively cooperates with state boards of pharmacy, as appropriate.
- Prepares and/or presents Executive Committee and Advisory Committee on Examinations meeting reports.
- Initiates research efforts, submissions, and proposals for professional journals and presentations at meetings.
- Reviews the activities and work products of testing vendors and other contractors and consultants and vendors.
- Ph.D. in Educational Research, Measurement, Research Methodology, Psychometrics, or a related field.
- Skills in statistical analysis and previous statistical work experience.
- Managerial experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical systems (e.g., SPSS, SAS, BiLog, Winsteps, etc).
- Conceptual knowledge of one or more of the following: classical test theory, item response theory, statistical analysis, and one or more of the following:
- cognitive/experimental psychology,
- educational psychology,
- industrial/organizational psychology, or
- educational evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy,
- Proven dependability and high regard for security,
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Related field experience in data analysis, advanced measurement, testing, standard setting, and program development preferred.
NABP seeks a detail-oriented, deadline-driven communications coordinator to join an award-winning Communications department. Excellent copyediting, proofreading, and fact-checking skills, as well as high-level competence in Adobe InDesign required. Experience coordinating multiple projects also required. Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or English. Cover letter must be included to be considered for this position.
- Monitors and coordinates the NABP state newsletter program to ensure timely and accurate publication and distribution.
- Makes layout changes and text edits to the state newsletters.
- Coordinates dissemination of state e-Newsletter email alerts.
- Obtains production estimates and works with printers, graphic designers, and other vendors to ensure timely and accurate publication and distribution of NABP publications.
- Coordinates the production of the NABP Survey of Pharmacy Law to ensure timely and accurate publication and distribution.
- Produces and coordinates materials for annual and fall meetings including promotional brochure, e-blasts, and proceedings.
- Drafts moderator scripts for various meetings as needed.
- Assists in the production and dissemination of other NABP publications.
- Researches and writes articles for the Innovations newsletter.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or English.
- Two years of related work experience. Internships and other college work experience considered.
- Experience with Adobe Cloud Creative Suite especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; experience with Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of database applications a plus.
To apply for this position, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter
- Your resume
- Salary expectations
No phone calls, please.