Employment Opportunities at NABP
NABP is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that aims to ensure the public’s health and safety through working with its member state boards of pharmacy. The Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Customer Engagement Manager
The Customer Engagement Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the customer engagement department, ensuring that staff is providing the highest level of customer service possible and executing customer engagement goals. Serves as the customer service and engagement subject matter expert. Responsible for collecting and analyzing customer data and reporting trends and other results internally for use in enhancing NABP products, services, and the customer experience.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the strategic plan, goals, and objectives for the customer engagement department.
- Manages daily operations of the customer engagement team.
- Trains, supervises, and mentors customer engagement staff and receptionist; conducts performance evaluations and disciplinary appraisals.
- Ensures that the customer service team interacts professionally and cooperatively with NABP members, customers, and staff to answer questions about NABP programs and services and solves problems. This includes working with department managers/staff to identify and resolve immediate and complex customer issues.
- Keeps abreast of programmatic changes so that responses remain accurate. Informs customer engagement staff of all changes and provides training.
- Accepts and resolves escalated customer phone calls, e-mails, and written questions or concerns regarding all NABP programs and services, routing to the appropriate NABP department/staff member outside of the CS department when necessary. Updates the communications and engagement senior manager on unusual occurrences.
- Manages the development and maintenance of customer service talking points, reference sheets, and daily scripts, as well as general responses and a customer engagement manual.
- Manages the receptionist workflow, including front desk coverage, and relief policy/schedules, and supports front desk security policies.
- Coordinates with technology department to ensure call center is turned off when agents are unavailable, whether it be a planned or unplanned event.
- Develops and implements customer engagement initiatives aimed to collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative customer data as it relates to improving NABP programs and services.
- Meets regularly with department leaders to identify research questions relating to customer needs from all program areas to help define data collection and analysis projects.
- Collaborates with technology to resolve technical issues and improve functionality in the customer and staff applications (NABP e-Profile system), including placing and tracking technology tickets to correct e-Profile system issues and individual profile issues.
- Maintains and utilizes a quality assurance plan, including a system for monitoring staff phone calls, emails, webchats, and processing to ensure accuracy, and provide supplemental training as needed.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure data quality standards are met for customer profiles/accounts, including training and monitoring of customer engagement staff.
Reporting and Documentation
- Monitors and evaluates customer engagement and reception processes and develops and updates all department policies and procedures as needed.
- Develops and monitors department budget as directed by the communications and engagement senior manager.
- Develops, programs, and maintains method for tracking and reporting on staff productivity including call, email, and chat volume, as well as document processing volume.
- Tracks data on inquiry volume and nature of inquiries through all communication channels (phone, email, chat) and provides regular reports on trends, insights and solutions for common inquiries. Uses this quantitative data to correlate with qualitative data and also to identify specific qualitative data needs to be investigated through customer engagement initiatives.
- Develops and produces reports to interpret data and share key results and recommendations of customer engagement data analysis with internal stakeholders.
- Serves as primary administrator of the call center product, including adding and deleting customer engagement representative users, monitoring activity, and generating reports. Cross-trains program analyst to administer call center product.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of customer service experience.
- 3-5 years managerial experience required, preferably in customer environment.
- Experience executing customer engagement and/or qualitative research on customer needs desired.
- Intermediate skill level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, database software, and call center administration.
- Familiarity with data analysis tools a plus, preferred Power BI.