Employment Opportunities at NABP
NABP is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that aims to ensure the public’s health and safety through working with its member state boards of pharmacy. The Association is an equal opportunity employer.
The Proofreader assists in the completion of the Communications department’s work and projects in a timely manner. This individual proofreads and fact-checks print and electronic publications, forms, and other materials generated for NABP’s programs and services.
- Assists in the proofing and fact checking of documents, letters, memos for all NABP departments to ensure that all outgoing documents adhere to NABP and AMA style and are error-free and professional.
- Proofs and fact checks annual and fall meeting materials such as meeting badges, tent cards, and presentations.
- Assist with proofing and fact checking bulletins and manuals.
- Cross-trained to assist with proofing and fact checking electronic publications (NABP e-News, AWARxE Prescription Drug Safety News, .Pharmacy News, and State News Roundup.)
- Cross-trained to assist with proofing and fact checking public relations pieces and other NABP publications to ensure accuracy and clarity.
- Cross-trained to assist with creating certificates for accreditation, task forces, and other programs/meetings as needed.
- Creates and produces meeting materials as assigned.
- Creates certificates for accreditation, task forces, and other programs/meetings as needed. Creates fillable forms for meetings and other programs as needed.
- Tracks inventory of printed materials including the Member Manual packets, business card masters (at printer) and blanks (in house), old Survey of Pharmacy Law CDs and USBs (for years prior to 2018), and special copy paper, and alerts communications manager when supplies are low.
- Works with office services staff to track inventory of NABP and NABP Foundation letterhead. Alerts office services manager and communications manager when supplies are low.
- Assists with administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assists Marketing staff with various assignments, as needed.
- Implements Association policy as directed.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism, communications, or English.
- 2-5 years of proofreading experience.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, along with knowledge of database applications.
- Experience using Oracle e-Business application a plus.
- Internet skills, familiarity with desktop and electronic publishing desirable.
To apply for this position, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cover letter
- Your resume
- Salary expectations
No phone calls, please.