Our Digital Pharmacy Accreditation has been accrediting pharmacies that uphold laws and meet the highest standards of pharmacy care since 1999. NABP’s Digital Pharmacy Accreditation is a three-year accreditation best suited for pharmacies that have a website offering at least one digital pharmacy practice (eg, new prescription orders, refills, transfers, counseling/medication therapy management (MTM), patient/prescriber portals, pharmacy care services). This accreditation proudly displays your ongoing commitment to providing quality healthcare and safe pharmacy practices over the internet.
Licensed pharmacies with a website(s) offering at least one digital pharmacy practice must first obtain and maintain .pharmacy verification through our .Pharmacy Verified Websites Program for each website to be included in the Digital Pharmacy Accreditation.
Because .Pharmacy Verification is a prerequisite:
- You will automatically be eligible to advertise on Google, Yahoo!, Bing, Snapchat, and Twitter, and be placed on NABP’s safe sites list.
- Mastercard and Visa will consider your online pharmacy a legitimate merchant for card-not-present transactions.
Whether NABP accreditation is new for your business or you are already NABP accredited and are looking to expand your portfolio, our processes simplify your journey toward Digital Pharmacy Accreditation.
Apply for Digital Pharmacy Accreditation as a stand-alone program or maximize your investment by creating a comprehensive compliance package for one streamlined, cost-effective accreditation process.
How do I get started?
After you’ve obtained a .pharmacy domain, your pharmacy is ready to apply for Digital Pharmacy Accreditation. The first step in the process is to confirm that the program meets your pharmacy’s needs and that your pharmacy is able to demonstrate compliance with the eligibility requirements, standards, and on-site survey. Once your application, supplemental documentation, and specified fees have been received, we will:
Review your policies & procedures
Verify pharmacy & pharmacist licensure
Conduct an announced on-site survey of your pharmacy
Interested in learning more?
Practices that demonstrate compliance and high-quality patient care can earn this voluntary accreditation and better position their business to patients. Complete the accreditation form to request more information.
To apply for an NABP accreditation, businesses must meet basic eligibility requirements. To avoid unnecessary delays, review the Digital Pharmacy Accreditation eligibility requirements below to determine if you are qualified to apply.
- Must be a licensed pharmacy operating in the United States, with current and active licenses, in all jurisdictions in which it is conducting business and serving predominately human patients
- Must have a website(s) offering at least one digital pharmacy practice (e.g. refills, transfers, patient profile, online consultation/email, chat functions)
- Business location must be operational in all its activities for at least 30 days and have a licensed pharmacist (ie, responsible person/pharmacist-in-charge) in full and actual charge of the pharmacy operations, personnel, and compliance with all regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy
- At the time of application, the .pharmacy domain must be active (used as either the primary domain or redirecting to the verified website) and maintained throughout the application process and for as long as the pharmacy is accredited.
NABP advises applicants to not complete the application if their business location had an application cancelled by NABP in the past 180 days for non-compliance with Standards.
The Digital Pharmacy Accreditation Standards Overview provides a brief introduction to the set of standards a pharmacy must meet to achieve accreditation. Download the Digital Pharmacy Accreditation Standards Overview document.
Get started on your path to accreditation by following the steps below:
- Obtain verification through the .Pharmacy Verified Websites Program and have at least one active .pharmacy domain prior to applying for Digital Pharmacy Accreditation
- Applicants who do not have .pharmacy verification prior to applying will not be considered for the Digital Pharmacy Accreditation.
- Confirm your eligibility
- Review the Standards Summary to confirm that the program meets your business’s needs
- Create and complete a business e-Profile account:
- Gather appropriate supporting documents
- Submit the application for one or multiple accreditations
Use the link to log in to NABP e-Profile and start the application process. For basic instructions on submitting your application, read the Application Basics document.
Interested in pricing?
Log in to your business e-Profile account and visit the FAQs and Resources section to access pricing. Don’t have an account? Create your free business e-Profile account today.
- Digital Pharmacy Accreditation is issued for a three-year term. NABP requires an annual compliance review and program participation fees in year two and year three.
- The .pharmacy domain must be maintained and its registration renewed annually.
- Following year three, a full reaccreditation must be completed.
- Compliance reviews and reaccreditation are conducted to determine eligibility for continued accreditation.
- Prior to your accreditation anniversary date, NABP provides guidelines for completing annual compliance reviews and reaccreditation.