Apply for Digital Pharmacy Accreditation
How to Get Started
After you’ve achieved Healthcare Merchant Accreditation and have an active .pharmacy domain, your pharmacy is ready to apply for Digital Pharmacy Accreditation. Confirm that the program meets your pharmacy’s needs and that your pharmacy is able to demonstrate compliance with the eligibility requirements, standards, and on-site survey. Once your application, supplemental documentation, and specified fees have been received, we will:
Review your policies and procedures
Verify pharmacy and pharmacist licensure
Conduct an announced on-site survey of your pharmacy
Digital Pharmacy Accreditation Process Overview
Are you an existing customer? Learn more about how to apply for reaccreditation.
Apply for Accreditation
Get started on your path to accreditation by following the steps below:
- Obtain accreditation through the Healthcare Merchant Accreditation program and have an active .pharmacy domain.
- Applicants who do not have Healthcare Merchant Accreditation and an active .pharmacy TLD(s) prior to applying will not be considered for the Digital Pharmacy Accreditation.
- Confirm your eligibility.
- Review the Standards Overview to confirm that the program meets your business’s needs.
- Create and complete a business e-Profile account:
- Use this guide to request access to additional Business e-Profile Accounts, after creating your initial e-Profile.
- Once your request has been submitted, it may take up to 3 business days for processing. You can track the status of your request in e-Profile.
- Gather appropriate supporting documents.
- Submit the application for one or multiple accreditations with your business e-Profile account.
- For instructions on submitting your application, read the Application Basics document.
Interested in pricing?
Log in to your business e-Profile account and visit the Instructions and FAQs section to access pricing. Don’t have an account? Create your free business e-Profile account today.
Maintain Digital Pharmacy Accreditation
To maintain your Digital Pharmacy Accreditation status, keep these tips in mind:
- Digital Pharmacy Accreditation is issued for a 3-year term.
- NABP requires an annual compliance review during year 2 and year 3 of the accreditation process.
- Prior to your accreditation anniversary date, we will contact you to begin the annual compliance review and will provide guidelines to help you with the process.
- The annual compliance review includes an online renewal application submission, providing supporting documents, confirming compliance to the standards, and payment for the participation fees.
- Prior to the end of the 3-year accreditation, you will need to start the reaccreditation process, noted below.
Digital pharmacies must begin the reaccreditation process before the current accreditation expires. We encourage pharmacies to seek reaccreditation for a new, 3-year period during the third year of your pharmacy’s Digital accreditation.
Prior to your accreditation anniversary date (expiration date of your current 3-year accreditation), we will contact you to begin the reaccreditation process and will provide guidelines to help you with the process.
The reaccreditation process is similar to the initial Digital Pharmacy Accreditation steps: