.Pharmacy Authorized Usage Policy
This Authorized Usage Policy (AUP) governs how a registrant may use its registered domain name(s).
All .pharmacy domain names must be used to serve the needs of the .pharmacy domain community and must continue to meet program standards for as long as they are held by the registrant.
Registrants are not permitted to prevent/block NABP access (virtual or physical) to their location(s).
By registering a name in this domain, the registrant agrees to be bound by the terms of this AUP.
Registrants may not:
- Use domain names for any purposes that are prohibited by the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which registrant does business, or any other applicable law in jurisdictions in which its customers reside.
- Use domain names for any purposes or in any manner that violates a statute, rule, or law governing use of the Internet and⁄or electronic commerce (specifically including, but not limited to, “phishing,” ʺpharming,ʺ distributing malware, fast-flux hosting, botnet command and control and other destructive activities).
- Use a domain name for the promotion of excessive, risky or inappropriate use of medication.
- Use domain names for the following types of activity:
- Violation of the privacy or publicity rights of another member of the pharmacy community or any other person or entity, or breach of any duty of confidentiality that registrant owes to another member of the .pharmacy domain community, or any other person or entity;
- Promotion of or engagement in hate speech, hate crime, terrorism, violence against people, animals, or property, or intolerance of or against any protected class;
- Promotion of or engagement in defamatory, harassing, abusive, or otherwise objectionable behavior;
- Promotion of or engagement in child pornography or the exploitation of children;
- Promotion of or engagement in any spam or other unsolicited bulk e-mail, or computer or network hacking or cracking;
- Infringement on the intellectual property rights of another member of the .pharmacy domain community, or any other person or entity;
- Engagement in activities designed to impersonate any third party or create a likelihood of confusion in sponsorship;
- Interference with the operation of the .pharmacy domain or services offered by NABP;
- Installation of any viruses, worms, bugs, Trojan horses, or other code, files, or programs designed to, or capable of, disrupting, damaging, or limiting the functionality of any software or hardware; or distributing false or deceptive language, or unsubstantiated or comparative claims, regarding NABP;
- Registration of .pharmacy domain names for the purpose of reselling or transferring those domain names;
- Linking to other websites that are not .pharmacy, for the purpose of transferring business to an unsafe source of products or services or for the purpose of misleading the public;
- Affiliating or linking with other organizations that do not support the safe, legal and ethical practices of .pharmacy.