Understanding New DSCSA Requirements and Common Diversion Schemes
Home Study Webinar
Free Activity – available through April 5, 2023.
This webinar will discuss the timeline for the implementation of the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) requirements and how regulations will be impacted. Review findings from NABP’s Drug Distributor Accreditation and OTC Medical Device Distributor Accreditation programs, including instances of counterfeit drugs and distribution inconsistencies in the supply chain.
NABP’s accreditation programs play a pivotal role in preventing counterfeit drugs and devices from entering the United States drug supply. You will gain the information needed to avoid drug shortage diversion schemes and learn how NABP accreditation and inspection programs protect the public health.
How to Access the Webinar and Earn CPE
The complimentary webinar is eligible for Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit. More details regarding the presentations, CPE activity credits, and browser requirements can be found in the CPE Activity Information guide.
Follow the steps below to access the home study webinar and claim CPE credit:
- Complete the interest form for the desired home study.
- Check your email to get the access code for the requested home study.
- Log in to NABP’s CPE Submission Site and select the “Home Study CPE” tab.
- If you do not have a log in for Learner Community, you will need to create an account.
- Enter the access code provided in your email and click “Redeem Code.”
- Enter only one code at a time.
- View the recording, complete the activity in its entirety, including watching the full video, and pass the post-test. Once completed, the Credit section will unlock.
- Select the appropriate credit (pharmacy or pharmacy technician), enter your NABP e-Profile ID and date of birth, and click the “claim” button to earn credit.
Claims must be submitted within 60 days from the date you opened the activity.
Gregg Jones, BSPharm, RPh
Compliance Senior Manager, NABP
Gregg Jones is the Compliance Senior Manager at NABP, playing a critical role in the process of evaluating businesses for compliance with regulations and NABP accreditation program requirements. Prior to his role, Gregg gained extensive experience in various areas, including pharmacy and drug, medical devices, and cosmetic regulation. His background also includes the practice of pharmacy in both hospital and retail settings. Gregg’s background led him to a diverse expertise in accreditation and inspection at the national level. He also testified before Congress and a statewide grand jury regarding the counterfeiting and diversion of prescription drugs. Gregg graduated from Florida Southern College with a bachelor degree in biology and from the University of Louisiana Monroe with a bachelor degree in pharmacy.
Home Study Registration
Complete the form to receive an enrollment code for the Home Study Program(s). You will need to log in to NABP’s CPE Submission Site and enter the enrollment code to view the webinar and earn credit.