Apply for DMEPOS Pharmacy Accreditation
How to Get Started
The first step in the process is to confirm that the program meets your pharmacy’s needs and that your pharmacy can demonstrate compliance with the NABP DMEPOS Pharmacy Accreditation eligibility requirements and standards. After you submit the application, supplemental documentation, and fees, we will:
Review your Policies & Procedures (P&Ps) and supplemental documents
Verify pharmacy and pharmacist licensure
Conduct an unannounced on-site survey of your pharmacy
DMEPOS Pharmacy Accreditation Process Overview
Are you an returning customer? Learn more about how to apply for reaccreditation.
Apply for Accreditation
Get started on your path to accreditation by following the steps below:
- Confirm your eligibility.
- Review the Standards Overview to confirm that the program meets your business’s needs.
- Create a business e-Profile account:
- Use this guide to request access to additional Business e-Profile Accounts, after creating your initial e-Profile.
- Once your request has been submitted, it may take up to 3 business days for processing. You can track the status of your request in e-Profile.
- Gather appropriate supporting documents.
- Submit the application for one or multiple accreditations with your business e-Profile account.
- Read the Application Basics for instructions on submitting your application.
Interested in pricing?
Log in to your business e-Profile account and visit the Instructions and FAQs section to access pricing. Don’t have an account? Create your free business e-Profile account today.
Maintain DMEPOS Pharmacy Accreditation
To maintain your DMEPOS Pharmacy Accreditation status, keep these tips in mind:
- DMEPOS Pharmacy Accreditation is issued for a 3-year term.
- NABP requires an annual compliance review during years 2 and 3 of the accreditation process.
- Prior to your accreditation anniversary date, we will contact you to begin the annual compliance review and will provide guidelines to help you with the process.
- The annual compliance review includes an online renewal application submission, providing supporting documents confirming compliance to the standards, and payment for the participation fees.
- Prior to the end of the 3-year accreditation, you will need to start the reaccreditation process, noted below.
DMEPOS pharmacies must begin the reaccreditation process before their current accreditation expires. Unless you have received a pharmacy accreditation exemption confirmation. We encourage pharmacies to seek reaccreditation for a new, 3-year period during the third year of your DMEPOS Pharmacy Accreditation.
Prior to your accreditation anniversary date (expiration date of your current 3-year accreditation), we will contact you to begin the reaccreditation process and will provide guidelines to help you with the process.
The reaccreditation process is similar to the initial DMEPOS Pharmacy Accreditation steps:
Contact us to learn more!
Practices that demonstrate compliance and high-quality patient care can earn this voluntary accreditation and better position their business to patients. Complete the form to request more information.
A Note About Canceled Accreditations Due to Non-Payment: If accreditation is canceled because annual participation fees or reaccreditation fees are not paid, the Enrollment Contractor may revoke the Medicare billing number.