.Pharmacy Verified Websites
Demonstrate authenticity and set yourself apart from the growing number of rogue websites with our .Pharmacy Verified Websites Program.
We review pharmacies with an online presence and medication-related websites to ensure that they are properly licensed and follow applicable laws and business best practices. Once your organization is verified and domain name is active, we will add you to the verified websites list, and you will also be able to use the .pharmacy domain name just like .com or .biz.
.Pharmacy Verification is ideal for companies that:
- Advertise online: Become automatically eligible to advertise on Google, Yahoo!, Bing, Snapchat, and Twitter and be placed on our safe sites list.
- Perform card-not-present transactions: Become lower risk in the eyes of payment processors. Mastercard and Visa require certain merchant types to undergo additional scrutiny during underwriting. Both Visa and Mastercard recognize the .Pharmacy Verification as a trusted third-party verification program to meet their needs.
- Demonstrate compliance: Want to pursue Digital Pharmacy Accreditation and our .Pharmacy verification is a prerequisite.
Download our list of .Pharmacy Verified Websites or visit www.safe.pharmacy to find
How do I get started?
The first step in the process is to apply for verification. Once you submit your application, the following actions will ensue:
We will review your application and request any additional information we need to assess your compliance
Once we determine you are in company, we will approve your organization and issue you a secure, electronic token
With your token, you will be able to register your chosen domain name
Looking for additional help to get started?
Consider preparing for the accreditation process by attending a complimentary training from NABP Solutions on pharmacy or drug supply chain compliance. NABP Solutions is a subsidiary company of NABP that was created to provide consulting services to pharmacies and the drug supply chain that focus on regulatory compliance.
Interested in learning more?
Practices that demonstrate compliance with program standards and earn this voluntary verification can better position their business to patients. Complete the form to request more information.
The .Pharmacy Verified Websites Program application process includes vetting by NABP, prior to approval of a .pharmacy domain name, to ensure that applicants meet all applicable program standards, which also address regulatory standards including pharmacy licensure and valid prescription requirements. Applicants must demonstrate licensure in good standing and compliance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are based as well as in all jurisdictions in which they conduct business including, without limitation, dispensing or shipping prescription medications in or to a jurisdiction.
Pharmacy community members ready to set themselves apart as trustworthy and legitimate can obtain a .pharmacy domain name in three basic steps:
- Review the eligibility requirements to ensure you are eligible to apply for website verification and approval to register a .pharmacy domain name.
- NABP has established relationships with regulatory agencies in multiple countries and is in the process of creating relationships with other regulatory agencies outside of the United States. If a relationship has not been established in the country where your organization is located, we will contact you to discuss how this may delay approval of your application.
- If eligible, apply for verification and approval to register a domain name.
- If your application is approved, we will grant you a secure, electronic token. You will need to submit the token to one of our approved registrars to register the domain name.
Those granted a .pharmacy domain name must re-apply with NABP for verification and re-register with one of our approved registrars annually. All relevant fees will be charged.
You will be required to renew your verification and domain name registration annually. As part of the process, you will be asked to re-apply for verification with NABP and re-register your domain with the registrar. We will email you with instructions when it is time for your verification renewal.
NABP Application Fee: $975 per website review. You must provide the content of the proposed .pharmacy site either via a live site or a staged site. The application fee is paid annually.
- Please note that the NABP application fee covers the review of one website. Each subsequent website review will incur an additional application fee.
Registrar Domain Name Registration Fee: Pricing to register a .pharmacy domain name varies and is determined by the registrar. It is payable to the registrar annually. (Note, your annual NABP verification must be current and in good standing for you to renew and maintain a .pharmacy domain name.).
- Fees charged by the registrar will be higher if you register a premium domain name. Premium domain names include terms denoting a particular disease, generic medication, or general pharmacy-related concept. These names are typically in high demand.
Refund Policy: No refunds of the application fee or the domain name registration fee will be granted unless the .pharmacy domain name applied for has been approved by NABP for a different applicant. In which case, the refund will be made in the same manner that the fee was paid to NABP.
Below are the registrars that have partnered with us to provide domain name registration services. Once your application has been approved, use the NABP electronic token to register your domain name with one of the registrars below.