NABP Testing Program Customers
NAPLEX and MPJE Applicants
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to have a growing impact in the United States, NABP is closely monitoring its effects on test sites for the NAPLEX and MPJE.
Following are resources and guidance for reducing the risk of spread.
- Reschedule your test if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, including but not limited to fever, cough, shortness of breath, or signs of upper respiratory infection.
- Even if you miss the two-business day cancelation window, do not go to the test center if you have symptoms. See the NAPLEX/MPJE Bulletin for information on NABP’s Emergency Resit process.
- If you do attend your testing appointment as scheduled, please practice standard preventive hygiene recommended by CDC.
- If your ATT will expire prior to scheduling or rescheduling your exam, please email CompAssess@nabp.pharmacy.
- You may find updates on test site closures at https://home.pearsonvue.com/coronavirus-update
Pearson VUE Test Delivery Information
Starting the week of March 16, Pearson VUE will begin implementing social distancing measures within all their global test centers based on recommendations from global health organizations. To meet the six-feet separation guidelines the capacity of Pearson VUE test centers will be reduced by 50%. Candidates whose exams are canceled as a result will receive a refund (if paid to Pearson VUE).
Candidate Scheduling Information
Your exam appointment will proceed as scheduled unless you receive an email cancellation. For more information on rescheduling and what to do if you receive notification of cancelation, visit the state-specific section of the Pearson VUE website. For information on non-US sites visit the country-specific section of the site.
Test Site Health and Safety Measures
In addition to continuing to make hand sanitizer available and increasing cleaning and disinfecting regimens, Pearson VUE is doing the following:
- Asking candidates to acknowledge that they have not been in contact with any affected persons and that they are not exhibiting any symptoms.
- Requesting candidates wash their hands or utilize hand sanitizer upon arrival at the test center.
allowing candidates to wear disposable gloves during testing. Test administrators will inspect the gloves both before and after the exam, and the gloves will be disposed of in front of the proctor upon completion of the test.
- Candidates who are exhibiting flu-like symptoms when they arrive at the test center are being asked to reschedule their exam.
- Some regional test centers may require candidates to provide a temperature check upon arrival.
Visit the Pearson VUE website for more details on health and safety measures being taken.
PCOA Administrators and Test Takers
We are working closely with schools and colleges of pharmacy who are scheduled to administer the PCOA over the coming months to accommodate school closures.
For those planning to travel to the US to take the TOEFL exam, please refer to the CDC website for travel information
Accreditation and Inspection Applicants
On-site surveys and inspections are being conducted as scheduled. However, NABP onsite inspection/survey services may experience unexpected delays and/or cancelations due to the impact of coronavirus on business and travel. If your business suspends operations because of the Coronavirus or you prefer to postpone your survey or inspection, please notify NABP and we will work with you to make necessary adjustments.
116th NABP Annual Meeting Attendees
Please visit the NABP Annual Meeting website for information and updates about the status of the meeting.
Additional Resources for all NABP Customers
Visit the CDC website for information on:
- How the Coronavirus spreads
- How to Protect Yourself
- Symptoms & Testing
- Coronavirus Information for Travel
Visit the American Pharmacist Association to view the resource Pharmacists Guide to Coronavirus.