State Newsletter Program
Helping boards of pharmacy communicate regulatory and practice updates vital to their licensees’ compliance
Through the State Newsletter Program, the NABP Foundation assists participating boards of pharmacy to publish templated, state-specific newsletters that are distributed quarterly to the pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and other board licensees. These newsletters are an easy way for you to notify licensees of your board’s latest news, ranging from pharmacy practice requirements to emergency orders to continuing education updates.
Your State Newsletter
Take advantage of our Communications team’s board-focused service as they provide you with expert editing and production support after you submit your newsletter content. Services include proofreading/fact checking, copyediting, and newsletter layout. Issues of the newsletters are posted as PDFs on your board’s profile page of the NABP website.
In addition to the traditional PDF version we create for you, the program includes the option to distribute your publication as email newsletters that includes article previews and links licensees to the full PDF. Several options are available for email list management, and, with this recently enhanced email layout, new analytic reports are now available. Again, our Communications team is here to handle all of this on your behalf.
As a final value add, each month we compile legislative and regulatory updates from the newsletters of boards participating in the State Newsletter Program and send the information to all board of pharmacy members via the complimentary State News Roundup e-newsletter.
How the Newsletter Works
Read the steps below to learn more about the process of creating your newsletter:
- Contact the Communications team to find out about program costs and other sign-up basics (contracting, newsletter timing, email list options, etc).
- Submit content to share the latest practice requirements, regulatory content, and more for your next newsletter.
- Collaborate with our staff throughout the proofreading and fact-checking process.
- We provide additional content for the newsletter: National Pharmacy Compliance News. This quarterly publication includes articles from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices, news from regulatory agencies including Drug Enforcement Administration and Food and Drug Administration, and other national health care news.
- We will post your newsletter to your board of pharmacy page on our website, and, if you opt in to using our newsletter email alerts, we will deploy the newsletter directly to subscribers.