Exam Eligibility Service
Our examination eligibility service helps alleviate administrative burdens for board staff because we confirm candidates’ eligibility to take the NAPLEX and MPJE on the board’s behalf.
How the Service Works
Each candidate is verified as part of the examination application process to ensure they meet state requirements. Once verified, our staff indicates the candidate’s eligibility in e-Profile Connect. This simple, paperless eligibility review process creates a seamless experience for new graduates and practicing pharmacists seeking licensure through reciprocity. In addition, it removes the administrative burden for the boards.
The following steps outline the exam eligibility service process:
- The candidate applies for the NAPLEX or MPJE through NABP e-Profile.
- The candidate submits the eligibility fee with their exam application.
- NABP verifies if the candidate meets the state requirements to test.
- NABP confirms or denies eligibility to take the NAPLEX or MPJE.
- The candidate receives their eligibility status in NABP e-Profile.
Easy Access to Transcripts of New Graduates
Verifying education is provided as part of our exam eligibility service. In fact, in 2020, we began requiring that new graduates have their schools send official transcripts (that include the degree conferral date) for verification to be able to purchase their examinations. Boards of pharmacy may access student transcripts via NABP e-Profile Connect at any time.
Join the states that utilize our exam eligibility service:
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
Complete the form with your inquiry for our Member Relations and Government Affairs team. Note your area(s) of interest in the message box.