PCOA Administrator Information
The PCOA provides colleges of pharmacy with data on individual students’ knowledge in major content areas and subtopics as recognized by ACPE. Colleges will also receive score reports for comparison with national samples. The assessment can be administered multiple times throughout a student’s academic career, making it easier to track student progress from year to year. The assessment also:
- Serves as an evaluation plan as suggested by ACPE guidelines.
- Provides documentation of improvement in individual performance after a curriculum is modified or updated.
- Delivers score data that can be used in research and studies with existing assessments.
Administer the PCOA Assessment
To register to host the exam, participating colleges should:
Registration Deadlines for PCOA Administrators
2020 Testing Windows
November 9, 2020 – December 12, 2020
College Registration Deadline: August 11, 2020
Student Roster Deadline: September 25, 2020
2021 Testing Windows
January 11, 2021 – February 19, 2021
College Registration Deadline: October 12, 2020
Student Roster Deadline: November 16, 2020
March 29, 2021 – May 21, 2021
College Registration Deadline: January 4, 2021
Student Roster Deadline: February 8, 2021
June 14, 2021 – June 25, 2021
College Registration Deadline: March 15, 2021
Student Roster Deadline: April 19, 2021
August 16, 2021 – September 10, 2021
College Registration Deadline: May 24, 2021
Student Roster Deadline: June 28, 2021
November 8, 2021 – December 10, 2021
College Registration Deadline: August 16, 2021
Student Roster Deadline: September 20, 2021
After we process your registration form and confirm the assessment date, you may have your students create an NABP e-Profile and register online. After students register, a roster will be available in NABP e-Profile Connect. You will need to verify students’ eligibility to take the exam by the student roster deadline.
Students nearing the completion of their didactic year can take the PCOA one time at no cost.
- A fee of $75 per student will apply for any additional administrations or administrations for students in other curriculum years.
If a student of any curriculum year misses their assigned PCOA testing session, fees will apply for make-up sessions: $75 for the test fee and $75 for the proctoring fee ($150 per student).
- Missed deadline administrative fees may also apply at a rate of $25 per student.
Students may request testing accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by completing the Testing Accommodations Request Form and submitting it to the PCOA administrator at their college of pharmacy.
The administrator submits completed forms to us for final review by uploading the forms to the student’s NABP e-Profile. Complete details are provided in the PCOA Registration and Administration Guide as well as in the student information page.
Receive PCOA Scores
Scores will be released to administrators within two weeks after the testing session. We do not issue reports directly to the students.
We provide a thorough analysis of the data and two reports:
- Individual Student Score Report: details student outcomes and provides a comparison of individual performance with national results by program year.
- College of Pharmacy Score Report: includes data on results of overall performance by year at the institutional level with comparisons to the national reference group. Colleges will only receive the report for cohorts that test their full class.