Who notifies the Board that I have applied for nonresident licensure?

The VPP process and your nonresident licensure application are separate. You must contact your state board of pharmacy directly to apply for nonresident licensure. In addition, it is recommended that you also contact the board of pharmacy to confirm that a VPP inspection will suffice for any inspection requirements associated with that nonresident licensure application.

Each state has individual requirements for nonresident licensure that may go beyond the VPP application. We will actively report licensee information such as inspection and disciplinary action history as well as license verifications, from the business e-Profiles to the state boards of pharmacy, so that they may use the information when making licensing decisions.